Share Love with a Valentine’s Day Dance
Posted by Stumps Spirit on January 5, 2010
What is more fun than a Valentine’s Day dance? A Valentine’s Day dance with a fabulous theme, that’s what! Check out our ideas below for some love-ly theme suggestions, as well as specific tips for your planning. Hearts will beat wildly when you choose a Valentine’s Day theme for your dance! With our awesome decorations and theme kits, you’ll create a Valentine’s paradise worthy of Cupid.
There’s a large selection of theme decorating kits that are beautiful for any type of dance. Try one of the following kits:
• Valentine’s Day Party Kit
• Candy Hearts Kit
• With All My Heart Kit
• Love & XOXO Kit
• C’est Si Bon Kit
• Luscious Lips Balloon Kit
• Valentine Ranch Kit
After you have chosen your kit and decorations, you will need a slogan! Use the slogan on your invitations, and imprint it on your napkins, favors, and glassware. Pick a sweet slogan from the list below – or dream up your own!
• Mon Amour
• Love Will Keep Us Together
• Be Mine Tonight
• The Wonder of First Love
• Sweetheart Dance
• This Magic Moment
• Lost In Love
• Love Is a Many Splendored Thing
• Be Still My Beating Heart
• Everyone Says I Love You
• P. S. I Love You
• The Color of Love
• Fool for Love
• Struck By Cupid’s Arrow
Give guests a sneak preview of the fun and let them know that this is a not to be missed event by sending out unique invitations. Send a single red silk rose tied with ribbon and a note. This is a beautiful and elegant way to invite students to the dance. Or, simply sprinkle Valentine’s confetti into invitations!
Here are some tips to help you pull it all together for an incredibly romantic look that is sure to have Cupid working overtime!
• Tell guests to come dressed in red from head to toe.
• Have guests enter the event site by passing through a 9′ high corrugated Valentine’s Heart Entranceway for a lovely beginning.
• If you will have a focal point, such as a stage, place 4′
candy heart decorations on either side for a playful but sweet twist to your decorations.
• Decorate walls, doorways, or tables with red and silver die-cut hearts enhanced with your own wording written with a paint pen. The more hearts you use, the lovelier the effect!
• Never underestimate the power of decorating with balloons, as they can transform any room into a cozy and festive space in minutes at a very low cost. There are so many balloons for a Valentine’s Day dance that we have a hard time choosing our favorites. So, take a look at the selection and decide for yourself which ones will work best for your event.
• Twinkle light strings are not just for Christmas anymore! Just by hanging a few strands around the room, you create a romantic glow that will “wow” all of your Romeos and Juliets!
• We offer several very romantic murals that work great to hide an unsightly wall and add a uniquely elegant flair to your night.
• To add a special touch to your dance, tie big red bows with trailing streamers on the backs of your chairs. Gossamer works perfectly to create lovely bows at a budget price. If you are decorating a large area, or want to make any area look more intimate and elegant, drape and swag our gossamer across ceilings and walls. Twist red and pink together for a stunning look!
• Add a Red Cracked Iced Rose for a gorgeous effect.
Before you begin to think about how you will decorate your tables for a Valentine’s Day event, you will first want to decide whether you are going to go very romantic with candlelight and roses, or whether you wish to create a fun atmosphere with confetti and candy. Either idea is wonderfully appropriate! We have some tips to decorate your tables for either choice.
• Use white plastic table covers to cover your tables and then, for an added touch, use a marker to draw hearts and X’s and O’s randomly on the cover.
• Heart metallic confetti is great for scattering across the tables to add sparkle and shine!
• Float Candy Hearts Floating Candles in several glass bowls across your table. Sprinkle some silver sparkle powder at the base of each bowl to add to the glitz and glitter of the magical evening!
• If you will be using a buffet, dish up the food into heart-shaped dishes. Use glass cake stands to elevate some dishes and add dimension to the table. It always looks beautiful and adds romance when you line platters with a few roses or edible flowers (such as pansies).
• For your choice of tableware and napkins, use solid red and pink. These will look very nice on the white tablecloth!
Your food choices are unlimited for this event – you can serve about whatever you would like and serve it buffet style or sit down dinner style – the choices are yours! It is always fun however, to add a bit of festive spirit into the food that you serve. Here are just a couple of suggestions to make your food look even love-lier!
• Use pink and red food coloring in as much food as you can! This works especially great in a variety of desserts like cake or mousse!
• Cut sandwiches into hearts and X’s and O’s.
• Go to a gourmet cooking supply store and look for edible hearts and cupids to adorn your favorite foods!
• Serve red or pink punch in our plastic ware with a silk ribbon tied around the base.
It is always a special gesture to send guests home with a small gift to keep the memory of the evening alive in their hearts and minds. Here are a few ideas to do just that!
• Use Heart Party Boxes to load guests up with sweet treats and heart-shaped chocolates!
• Purchase waffle cones and fill them with assorted Valentine’s candy. Wrap the entire cone using the red cellophane roll, and tie the top with white curling ribbon.
• We carry a huge selection of Glassware that can be personalized with your theme. These are always a very popular choice for favors at a dance!
• We offer several styles of photo favors that can be personalized with your special wording and design. This is a particularly good favor idea if you will have a photo setting at your party to take pictures of the couples enjoying their enchanted evening together.
• Personalized napkins that complement your theme are always a hit! There’s a large selection of dinner, luncheon and beverage napkins in an impressive palette of 20 colors. We also offer a wide range of ink colors, as well as a metallic foil, holographic foil, prismatic foil or a traditional ink imprint.
• Napkins can be laid out on a buffet table, or can be displayed at each place setting. Place napkins in the center of each place setting at an angle, or unfold them and place them in glasses for a tall dramatic look. The napkins can also be tied (and bundled with plastic cutlery) with a multitude of items to match your theme. Try curling ribbon, gossamer streamers, ric-rac or ribbon.