Rev Up for a Tailgating Party!
Posted by Stumps Spirit on September 12, 2012
Football season is here and it’s time to blare the crowd pumping anthem, “Are You Ready For Some Football?” It is the time of year for team comradery to fill the nation. Teams are gearing up for a winning season and it’s time for you to show your team pride! Whether you enjoy cheering on your local high school team, favorite college, or NFL team, there is no better way to be a part of the action and to show your team spirit than with a game day tailgating party!
…And everyone knows one of America’s favorite pastimes begins with good food, good games, and good fun! You can rev up your tailgate party with some of these football tailgating ideas!
- Mascot Stomp: Keep the kids at your party entertained with Mascot Stomp! All it takes are some latex balloons, string or ribbon, a sharpie marker, and a whistle and the kids will have a blast! Blow up some latex balloons in the opposing team’s colors. Let the kids draw their team logo or mascot onto the balloons. When they’ve finished, tie the balloons to their ankles and have them stand in a circle. Have someone blow the whistle to signal the start of the game and let the kids stomp on the balloons to pop the balloons and stomp the mascot. The last one standing with a balloon tied to their ankle wins.
- Pass the Ball: All you need are two mini footballs and people! Gather your fellow tailgate-goers into two team groups of seven or more people. Have each team stand in a straight line. Give each team a mini football. On your “go” the goal for each team is to pass the ball as quickly as they can without dropping it through the line without using their hands. Players can use their chins, elbows, feet or any creative way other than their hands to move the ball across the line of players. The first team to pass the ball through the line and back without dropping the ball wins. If you drop it, you have to start from the beginning again, so be strategic!
- Football Themed Photo Booth: Who wouldn’t love to capture a photo of the game day craziness? Make your celebration even more memorable with some fun football photo props! You can set up a fun, football themed photo booth at your tailgate party. Decorate a little stand with vinyl fringe and metallic fringe or hang a vinyl or metallic curtain as a backdrop to designate an area where you and your friends can go to have your picture taken. Have a football photo stand in, football photo prop, spirit wigs, jerseys, party beads, a helmet, football helmet eye blacks, a football, and boas at your tailgate photo booth so you and your friends can show a little of your silly side.
- Face and Body Art: You and your friends can also show off your creativity with a face painting table. Try dabbling with a face paint kit with sponge, football face painting stamp, or a #1 face painting stamp. Draw with face paint sticks or add face decals. Who knows, you and your friends might even end up painting yourselves into a whole group cheering crowd!
- Any way you party, don’t forget your fan faces!
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
This entry was posted on September 12, 2012 at 5:13 pm and is filed under Decorating, Football Spirit, Homecoming Week, School Spirit Items, Spirit Week, Stumps Spirit, Team Supplies. Tagged: football tailgating ideas. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.