Posted by Stumps Spirit on September 18, 2009
For a fall dance, such as Homecoming, a Western theme can be a lot of fun, as it incorporates earth-tones, barns, and other fun fall festivities. Stumps Spirit has plenty of Western themed decorations to help you create a fantastic Western themed Homecoming dance!
Create an awesome entrance to your Western themed dance with our Cowboy Boot Arch (pictured at right). The arch is fantastic for creating photo settings too. It stands 9′ 11″ high x 12′ 8″ wide x 2′ and features bright balloons attached to cowboy boot standees.
To totally transform your Homecoming venue with our Night in the Old West Kit. The kit features an awesome set of Western themed decorations to turn your dance into an Old West Scene, such as an Old West Bank and Trust, an Old West Jail, an Old West Hotel, an Old West Livery, and a Wild West Entrance. Set up each of the western themed standees in the Night in the Old West Kit to create the scene! The kit makes a fantastic focal point for your event and provides a great setting for dancing, mixing, and taking pictures.
For a base for your theme kit decorations, cover the floors in sand colored flat paper. For a path, use wood grain or brick flat paper over the top of the sand colored flat paper. Our western scene setter. The backdrop features a stunning desert sunset picture printed on vinyl and is available in a 4′ high x 30′ long roll!
Accent your theme décor with other Western decorations, such as our Sherrif’s Star Standee. It is edged with twinkle lights and makes a great accent to your dance floor or picture area. Our rustic split-rail fences are an awesome, decorative way to create crowd control. Add some of our giant cornshocks for a great fall feel. Don’t forget barbed wire garland and plenty of bandanas!
Our Artisan Banner is a fantastic way to announce the dance or to welcome students. The banner is printed on heavy-duty, weather-resistant vinyl and features your custom wording on a rustic Old-West background. Plus, all of our banners are available in several sizes for you to choose what suits your Homecoming.
If you’re having Homecoming favors, our western custom creation peppermint tin is a fantastic choice for a western theme Homecoming dance. The star-shaped mint tins hold ½ oz of peppermints and are printed with your custom wording and a western horseshoe image on the lid. Students will love them!
Check out all of our Homecoming theme decorations and tell us about your western Homecoming dance!
Posted in Homecoming Dance, Homecoming Theme, Western Theme Dance | Tagged: cowboy theme homecoming, fall homecoming theme, Homecoming Dance, theme homecoming, western homecoming, Western Theme Dance | 1 Comment »
Posted by Stumps Spirit on September 14, 2007
Round up students for a Western Hoe Down Dance! You’ll find everything you need to turn your location into the Wild West with our line of decorations and theme kits.
Check out Western Homecoming kits! They come loaded with the decorations you need to create your night on the range!
Complete your authentic Hoe Down with our fun and festive dance tips below!
• Create a great Western entrance by using a rustic split-rail fence for students to walk through. Be sure to separate some hay and have it lying loose on the ground for them to walk on!
• Place large straw bales around the room with cowboy hats placed on them for accent pieces.
• Attach a large desert evening mural to the wall to give the feel of the Wild West.
• Find some old rodeo pictures of horses bucking up. Enlarge the images greatly so that you can trace them onto black paper. Cut out the images like silhouettes and place them on your walls in groups of two or three.
• Outline the walkway or room with corrugated split rail fences.
• Create Wanted Posters of some of your students and give them crazy Outlaw names like Rob Few or Outlaw Jessie Wails.
• Rope off sections with “lasso” ropes.
• Don’t forget to hang signs on the bathroom doors that read “Cowboys” and “Cowgirls”!
• There’s a variety of cactus decorations that would really add to the Western atmosphere! Even just one or two would make a great backdrop for some country Western tintypes (old fashioned picture takin’, partner!).
• Start by covering the tables with red and white checkered gingham. These easy to use table covers set the Western mood. Complete the setting with gingham plates and cups/stadium cups or select plain red or plain white tableware.
• Tie helium inflated cow patterned balloons with red, white or black curling ribbon. Anchor the balloons to the table by tying them to mini straw bales or weighted cowboy hats. (Make sure the balloons float above eye level so students can talk across the table.)
• Select a tissue centerpiece such as the western boot centerpiece. It is affordable and easy to assemble.
• Another option is to pile cowboy hats (about 3) in the center of the table and surround them with mini straw bales.
• If you select a fresh flower option for your centerpiece, sprinkle Wild West confetti, cactus confetti or chili pepper confetti around the flowers.
• Place a small glass boot mug in front of each place with a place card leaning against it. Create a Western name for each student, e.g. Wild Bill, Rodeo Jack, Ropin’ Samantha – be creative!
• Use bandannas as napkins. Tie each up with a ribbon and place a Sheriff’s badge on each one.
• For a down home touch on your western tables, use a paint pen (available at craft and art supply stores) to draw black cow markings randomly on the handles of plain white cutlery. Tie the plastic flatware together with jute, twine, or red grosgrain ribbon.
• Hire a caller to teach everyone how to square dance. It’s a great time to kick up your heels!
• Hotdogs, baked beans, chips, big bowls of chili, cornbread, and salad.
• Give students frames imprinted with special party details or glue mini cowboy hats onto an inexpensive acrylic frame. Either use a Polaroid™ camera to send a picture home with students, or have theme available at the school at a later date.
• A small boot candle can serve as a place card “holder” and a take home favor.
• Western boot mugs and glass boot mugs are an excellent way to serve beverages during the party and a great take-home favor.
• Accent your Western decorations with personalized napkins. We offer a large selection of dinner, luncheon, and beverage napkins in an impressive palette of 20 colors. We also offer a wide range of ink colors, as well as a metallic foil, holographic foil, prismatic foil or a traditional ink imprint.
• Napkins can be laid out on a buffet table, or can be displayed at each place setting. Place napkins in the center of each place setting at an angle, or unfold them and place them in glasses for a tall dramatic look. The napkins can also be tied (and bundled with plastic cutlery) with a multitude of items to match your theme. Try curling ribbon, gossamer streamers, ric-rac or ribbon.
Posted in Homecoming Dance, Stumps Spirit, Western Theme Dance | Tagged: Homecoming Dance, Stumps Spirit, Western Theme Dance | 2 Comments »