Let the good times roll with our Fifties Homecoming kits. They come full of all the sweet things you need make your event a smashing success!
• Setting Ideas
• Soda Shop
• Sock Hop
Give students a sneak preview of the fun and let them know that this is a “not to be missed” Homecoming event by sending out unique invitations. Visit old second-hand record stores and buy old 45’s. Cover the label with the details of the event – where, when, RSVP, etc. Use these as invitations. Or, if you can’t find the real thing, cut records from black poster board and had your own label!
We carry lots of great props, centerpieces, tableware, favors and more in the Fifties section. Here are a few extra tips for pulling your tropical look together for the biggest impact.
• A soda shop or drive-in are great settings for your Homecoming dance!
• Transport guests back to the 1950’s with our fun Jukebox Entrance!
• A Jukebox playing Fifties music is a vital part of any Fifties party. Rent a real jukebox or use our jukebox for looks and spin the records on a stereo.
• Create a focal point, entrance, and photo setting in your dance room with one of our Fifties Event Theme Decorating Kits. They are guaranteed to add instant flair to your event!
• Dangle Records from balloon arches. Use white and pink Balloons for a Fifties look.
• Some great cars were introduced in the Fifties. Try to get a real 57′ Chevy for your event or simply use our Chevy Mural!
• Hang giant records on the wall with your favorite artist from the Fifties.
• Create pretend soda shop billboards and place your actual menu for the dance on it.
• Red and white gingham checked tablecloths are a great start to a Fifties table.
• Simple rock n’ roll record centerpieces, complete with titles from the oldies, are good additions.
• Don’t forget sprinkles of Rock ‘n Roll confetti.
Below are some great snack ideas that have a Fifties flair!
Use Soda Shop-inspired food like hotdogs, a basket of fries and onion rings.
You will also want to have floats, shakes, and malts of some kind. Don’t forget the cherries!
For some authentic Fifties-style activities try some of these suggestions:
• A dance contest is always good for lots of laughs. Start with easy dance steps and encourage everyone to try.
• Play “Name That Tune” using old Fifties songs – extra points are given to the team that can name the title and the artist/group.
Give students small favors they can use during the dance . . . this will add color and fun!
Place a pair of Sunglasses at each setting – tuck a napkin in the fold of the glasses and have them act as a napkin ring.
Imprint Cola Glasses and use them throughout the party and send them home with each guest.
Inflatable or fake instruments like guitars are also great favors and fun to play with during the party.