Check out Paris Homecoming kits! They come loaded with the decorations you need to create your night of love in the city! Complete your authentic Parisian affair with our dance tips below!
• For your night in Paris, you will want to focus on red, white, and blue as your primary decorating colors (these are the colors of the French flag). Use balloons, streamers, and some of our gossamer (a lightweight fabric that is perfect for swags and chair bows) to decorate your dance site.
• Make sure you have an Eiffel Tower decoration set up by the stage or in a corner of your room. This is a must-have for your Parisian dance!
• Place a pair of lampposts on either side of your entrance leading into your event room for a quaint touch of France! You can use a lamppost as part of your photo setting as well.
• For an authentic look, rent bistro tables and wrought iron chairs and place them around your event room.
• Try to find a large French flag to place at your entryway, and then find smaller, paper flags to hang around the room. You could also use the flags for place mats – simply make a colored photocopy of the flag and affix it to some heavy card stock. Check your local travel agency for samples of French flags.
• A great centerpiece that we carry is the Eiffel Tower centerpiece. This table decoration looks lovely with fresh flowers or loose petals scattered around it!
• Cover your tables with either white linens or white lace to enhance the bistro look! You may want to scatter some bright confetti across the tables for some shine. A single stemmed red Rose in a Vase is the perfect centerpiece for a Parisian theme, but a full bouquet of fresh spring flowers would be lovely as well.
• Add some candlelight for even more ambiance and romance! Any of our candles can be placed at each table setting for a glowing touch!
The French are known for their rich foods and delectable pastries, so have fun with your food choices when hosting a dance like this!
• French Onion Soup served with French bread.
• Cheese trays, roasted garlic, and a variety of crackers.
• Croissants, éclairs, and pastries of all kinds!
• Candles are a romantic favor for an occasion such as this! Use red gel or wax, and imprint them with your Homecoming Dance details. You can place them at each table setting and students can take them at the end of the evening.
• Another favor idea is to bundle up a small package of French chocolates or flavored coffee. Red gossamer is the perfect fabric to wrap these up in – then tie them off with a piece of white wired ribbon – simple but beautiful!
• Choose personalized napkins to complete your Parisian look.